Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oreo Truffles

"Can I be a contributor to this blog??? Pleeease!!! You all are making me hungry, and making me think of yummy recipes I want to share! Like super-easy (and super-not-so-good-for-you) Oreo truffles...Mmm..."

That was me a few months ago...and I haven't gotten around to sharing "the super-easy (and super-not-so-good-for-you) Oreo truffles" recipe yet. So here it is...

1 pkg Oreos
1 pkg cream cheese (reduced fat and fat-free won't work - it's got to be the really unhealthy stuff)
chocolate chips, melted

Crush all the Oreos. Mash in the cream cheese (I used a potato masher...) until it's all fairly smooth. Make small (truffle-sized!) balls out of it and place them on waxed paper. Then pour melted chocolate chips over them and let it all cool. YUM!

Note 1 - To give credit where credit is due, this recipe comes from 'my undergrad' (who has graduated and is in graduate school herself now, but who I will always think of as 'my undergrad')

Note 2 - According to 'my undergrad' - you are theoretically supposed to be able to spear the truffles on toothpicks and dip them in the melted chocolate. Experience has taught both of us that that is great way to end up with truffle in the chocolate, instead of chocolate on the truffle.

Next recipe I post? Probably my cheap, easy and hearty vegetarian chili...

No comments: