Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cookies from Holland

Where by "from Holland" I mean cookies I made while visiting one of my former roommates in Holland MI a few weekends ago. We baked 2 types of cookies. The "normal" type was chocolate chip per the recipe on the bag of chocolate chips. The other kind I had never made before. It involved a cake mix, cool whip, and rolling balls of dough in powdered sugar. It goes something as follows:
1 cake mix
1 egg
1 (8 oz) container "frozen whipped topping"
optional: food coloring to make the dough brighter (we made neon blue cookies)
Flavoring can also be added (we added a tsp of vanilla; there were some other flavors the recipe suggested, but I forget)

Next: coat hands with powdered sugar. Then take the amount of dough for one cookies and roll it in the powdered sugar. Place powdered sugar coated ball onto cookie pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

This isn't the first time I'd seen cookies made using cake mix, however, it was a different recipe from what I was used to. And the blue food coloring coupled with the powdered sugar gave them an interesting look.

No comments: