Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chicken Casserole

Most Friday nights my parents watch our children. If Paul gets off work on time, we have a dinner date. This week I thought it would be nice to have a quiet dinner at home instead of eating out. I asked Paul what he would like for me to fix. His response is reflective of the fact that we have been living mostly on beef for quite some time now. He wants chicken casserole.

Here's the chicken casserole I plan to make.

Chicken-Broccoli Bake

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups rice -cooked
1 cup broccoli florets (I usually use frozen, it's easier)
1/4 cup red pepper finely chopped
1 small can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded finely
2/3 cup cornflakes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into small pieces.
Pan fry chicken with a small amount of olive oil.
Cover bottom of 8x8 pan with rice.
Place chicken on top of rice.
Sprinkle broccoli and pepper over chicken.
Cover with Cream of Chicken soup.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Crush cornflakes and sprinkle on top

Bake for about 30 minutes.

By the way, I think it's about time for someone else to post something on here

1 comment: