Sunday, January 25, 2009

Here's a recipe that I came across at Recipezaar* when looking for a way to dress up Ramen noodles (which I have been craving since a couple of my coworkers started eating them for lunch at work). Anyway, it's quick, easy, and actually has a pleasant blend of tastes. (Obviously you can vary what you add to get different flavors).

*Recipezaar = my favorite recipe site (besides this one, of course!), because you can sort by ingredient, including ones you want to use, and excluding those you don't have on hand.

TUNA RAMEN DINNER

* 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in oil (I used tuna in water, but added a bit of oil to the pan -JG)
* 1 (3 ounce) packet ramen noodles, any flavor (I used chicken -JG)
* 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots and peas. If I make it again, I'll probably add in a full cup - the peas have a very nice favor against the tuna -JG)

1. heat a nonstick frying pan to about medium heat, and fry the tuna until hot and slightly crispy. You can use tuna in water, but it sticks less if you use tuna in oil.
2. At the same time, cook the ramen on the stove top and add the veggies to the pot as well.
3. Drain the ramen and veggies and add them to the frying pan with the tuna and continue to cook until the noodles become slightly sticky.
4. Pour the seasoning packet over the whole thing and mix.
5. Enjoy!

No comments: