Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tonight's Dinner

| Prego-Can-Wait Spaghetti |

So I found out that we did, indeed, have a large jar of Prego sitting in the fridge, but I was already bent on finishing off the diced tomatoes sitting in a Tupperware one shelf below. What this really is is a basic pasta toss, using:

spaghetti
frozen cooked meatballs
half a can of diced tomatoes
garlic powder
basil
oregano
shredded marble jack cheese
the less-than-a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese left in the container

I started the water for the spaghetti while I put the tomatoes and meatballs in a saucepan with about a half cup of water, so they didn't end up burning while the meatballs heated all the way through. Looked in the pan, and started shaking the spices into a small heap on top of the meatballs. (This probably amounts to a couple of teaspoons worth.) Mixed it all together, and let it get to a boil before turning the heat down to low and covering the pan to let it simmer while the pasta was cooking.

After the pasta is cooked and drained, I poured the meatball/tomato concoction over it and added a loose handful of marble jack and whatever was left of the Parmesan that we had (it wasn't much).

Derek liked it, and I liked it, so I consider it a success. Yay!

No comments: